Thursday 8 March 2012

Tomato Butter Beans with Feta and Mint

After visiting one of my favourite Melbourne cafes MilkWood I was inspired to make these tomato butter beans. They are so yummy and I just cant seem to get enough of them. I'm not sure what is in the cafe's recipe but I think I made a pretty good tribute to the original.


    Tomato, Feta and Mint Butter Beans
                                                                                                                     

Ingredients:

  • 1 can of diced tomatoes
  • 1 can of butter beans washed
  • 1 white onion finely chopped
  • olive oil for cooking
  • 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
  • 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
  • 1 small block of danish feta
  • 1 loaf of sourdough bread
  • 1 bunch of mint

Method:

Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil.  Add the canned tomatoes and butter beans and bring to a simmer. Add the brown sugar to help neutralize the acidity of the tomatoes. Cook for approximately 5 minutes. Serve on toasted sourdough with crumbled feta and chopped mint leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment